Can low thyroid hormone symptoms like hair-loss be reversed?

Allopecia. If scalp hair loss called allopecia is due to hypothyroidism one can reverse it by normalizing thyroid function. Most of the time hypothyroidism is due to an autoimmune disorder called hashimotos disease. Allopcia is an accompanying autoimmune disorder and may not be due to low thyroid hormones. It's an association -- not causation.
Yes. Usually when thyroid hormone levels are stablized the hair loss tends to be reversed. This may take weeks to months.
Yes. But it takes time to recover losses from hypothyroidism. It's most serious consequence is in the newborn when undetected causing a cretin, a form of idiocy due to absence of thyroid during the neonatal and infancy period. My all a's athletic daughter could have been one, but all neonates were screened whee she was born.