Can DVT show up several days after a flight?

Dr. Norman Chideckel
Surgery - Vascular
In brief: Dvt
Air travel related venous thrombosis is a real issue, and it certainly can manifest itself within a few days after airplane travel.
If you are concerned with regards to the possible issue of a deep vein thrombosis, I would suggest that she seek evaluation with a venous Doppler sonogram which will determine the presence, or absence of a clot.

In brief: Dvt
Dr. Norman Chideckel
Dr. Norman Chideckel
Dr. Robert Cuff
Surgery - Vascular
A DVT may show up several days after a prolonged period of inactivity ( transcontinental flight, hospitalization etc).
Most leg DVT start in the small venous pools in the calf muscle and may not be noticed until they progress to involve the larger veins of the leg. This may take hours or days after the inciting event.

Dr. Robert Cuff
Dr. Robert Cuff
Dr. Mazen Ghani
Radiology
Yes.

Yes.
Dr. Mazen Ghani
Dr. Mazen Ghani
Dr. Steven Seres