How can I tell if my pain symptoms are fibromyalgia?

Dr. Michele Arnold
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Criteria

The american college of rheumatology published diagnostic criteria for fibromygia.
You need to be examined by a physician familiar with these criteria who can make the call. You must have widespread pain both above and below the waist, on both the left and right sides of the body, and more than 11 of 18 predefined localized tender pointson exam. You must also rule out other similar conditions.

In brief: Criteria

Dr. Michele Arnold
Dr. Michele Arnold
Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Painful to touch

People with fibromyalgia have widespread pain and tenderness to touch.
They commonly have poor exercise and or poor sleep and or psychological probelms. These all need attendtion.

In brief: Painful to touch

Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman