What are some treatment options in the event that medications fail to control my GERD symptoms?

Dr. Dan Lister
Surgery
In brief: Several
Several surgical options are available for the treatment of reflux.
The most common is a laparoscopic nissen fundoplication. It works very well but does have some side effects, such as inability to vomit, gas bloat and trouble swallowing. My favorite is the tif (transoral incisionless fundoplication). It controls reflux very well without the nissen side effects.

In brief: Several
Dr. Dan Lister
Dr. Dan Lister
Dr. Howard Hack
In brief: Surgical options
There are a variety of surgical and endoscopic options to treat gerd.
The traditional approach is a procedure called a nissen fundoplication and appears to be quite successful in the right hands. The role of surgical vs. Endoscopic vs. Medical therapy varies amongst practitioners.

In brief: Surgical options
Dr. Howard Hack
Dr. Howard Hack
Dr. Steven Seres