What are warning signs of a failing heart?

Subtle. The first warning will be that you cannot keep up with your usual pace doing fitness activities without getting winded. The first symptom is often mild nausea, no one knows why. If you suddenly feel breathless when lying down and must sit up, or if your shoes are tight at the end of the day, you have been warned. Caught early, heart failure may be easy to reverse. Good luck.
Many. The heart is a pump. If the pump starts to fail, then effective blood flow will decrease and the cardiovascular system will back up . So warning signs are multiple and varied: swollen feet, stomach problems, difficulty breathing, fatigue, irregular heart beats, fast heart rate, sweating, trouble lying flat. Discuss any changes in daily lifestyle with your doctor.