I am diagnosed with a mitral valve stenosis, will I need a valve replacement heart surgery.?

Dr. Benjamin Nguyen
Anesthesiology

In brief: Depends

This depends on how severe the stenosis is.
It is important to see a cardiologist and continue to watch this condition closely as it changes over time, and you may need surgery at some point in time.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Benjamin Nguyen
Dr. Benjamin Nguyen
Dr. Robert Binford
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: Maybe at some point

It depends on the degree of stenosis you have.
If the blockage is high enough then you may need surgery. Unlike a leaking valve which most people get repaired - with stenosis many are replaced. It is harder to repair a blocked valve.

In brief: Maybe at some point

Dr. Robert Binford
Dr. Robert Binford
Dr. Linda Gromko
As a Family Doctor - not a heart surgeon, I know that it helps the patient to have surgery well-orchestrated in advance. A planned surgery done "by the light of day" will be less of an ordeal than emergency surgery. This is where regular monitoring comes in. And why it's so important to keep an eye on your own symptoms and report any changes - particularly any intolerance of exercise, chest pain, or unusual fatigue. Good luck. LGromko MD
Dr. Cindy Juster