Should I stop breastfeeding?

Dr. Lisa Roberts

In brief: No

Only if there are medical reasons to.
If you discover you have an underlying medical problem (such as hiv) that can be transferred to your baby through breastmilk, it is wise to discontinue nursing. Certain medications may also enter the breastmilk and pose a health risk to your baby. Otherwise, unless physically or emotionally unable to, breastfeeding should be continued despite minor illness.

In brief: No

Only if there are medical reasons to.
Dr. Lisa Roberts
Dr. Lisa Roberts

In brief: No

If you want to breastfeed, don't stop breastfeeding.
It is the best nourishment for a baby and also the cheapest! pick an age when you would like to stop and then make a plan.

In brief: No

Dr. Scott J. Wolfson
Dr. Scott J. Wolfson
Dr. Charles Gordon
Pediatrics - Adolescent Medicine

In brief: When to stop

It is pretty much agreed that the best food for your newborn is your breast milk.
But there are considerations involving your health too. While about 95% of women can successfully breastfeed, 5% cannot. The point is to have a healthy growing child, not to wear a badge saying "I breastfed my baby." If your child is growing well, then fine, if not there are plenty of good substitutes. Don't feel gui

In brief: When to stop

Dr. Charles Gordon
Dr. Charles Gordon

In brief: Hard to say

You provided no usable information on which to make a simple or more in depth comment.
The site is not a chat room. If you can put together some basic information on your issue and ask a question, you can submit it again for consideration. Questions are not linked.

In brief: Hard to say

Dr. Jane Van Dis