How to lower my pulse before I see dentist?

Dr. James Beck
Dentistry

In brief: Mild anxiolytics

It sounds like you may have dental anxiety.
I would recommend early morning appointments so you don't dread it all day. I also like to prescribe mild anxiolytics such as Ativan or xanax (alprazolam) for my patients with dental anxiety. It really helps them a lot. You also just need to relax and know the dentist does not want to cause you any discomfort at all. Listen to calming music, control your breathing.

In brief: Mild anxiolytics

Dr. James Beck
Dr. James Beck
Dr. Earl Sandroff
Dentistry

In brief: Think good thoughts.

If you can really figure a way to lower your pulse rate before any doctor appointment.
..Spread the word. White coat syndrome is very common, which includes both mds and dmds. I would like to think not all experiences with the dentist are bad...So think of those good easy appointemnts. And if you really need something...As for nitrous oxide or even a sedative like valium. Earl.

In brief: Think good thoughts.

Dr. Earl Sandroff
Dr. Earl Sandroff
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology