Do I need to go to the hospital for anxiety attacks or will they send me to looney bin?

Dr. Paul Pancner
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Should i go or
As long as you have had a thorough medical workup, including an ekg to rule-out possible cardiac difficulties, it is not necessary to present to an er. If you did, it would be highly unlikely that you would meet criteria for psychiatric inpatient treatment.
Your best option is to find a therapist and psychiatrist to get your condition under control. The er will not treat the disorder long-term.

In brief: Should i go or
Dr. Paul Pancner
Dr. Paul Pancner
In brief: I have never seen a
Patient admitted to a psychiatric ward solely for panic attacks.
If you have not had a psychiatric evaluation that would be a good place to start. O address stress: talk about feelings ; address problems. Don't avoid them. Aim for 7.5 - 8 hours of sleep/ night. Daily physical activity is optimal in a green space. Eat healthfully. Cut out junk carbs, caffeine ; alcohol (or moderate).

In brief: I have never seen a
Dr. Eric Weisman