Whenever I take my ADHD meds I have a feeling of anxiety and my heart beats fast. Why?

Stimulant effect. Please let the prescribing doctor know this is happening. It could be from the medication, or from using caffeine or chocolate with the medication. Or from a comorbid disorder like anxiety disorder. Or from using other medications such as decongestants. If none of these are present, then you may need a dose adjustment or change.
Stimulant SE. Stimulants activate the fight-or-flight system, elevating both hr & bp. Either that or some other effect can cause some people to feel anxious. Usually dose related & sometimes gets better with time, but the anxiety can be bad enough to merit switching to a different med class. Sometimes one stimulant class will do it and not the other; nonstimulant adhd meds much less likely to cause anxiety.