How can I control my fast heartrate and white coat hypertension when I go to the doctor?

Knowing is half... Key to this is knowing that it is going on. If you get more comfortable in a healthcare setting/with your doctor it may be easlier to relax - however - if not, have your doctor set you up with a home blood pressure monitor and take it when you are at home resting calmly. Studies that look at resting blood pressure recommend taking it after ten minutes in a calm envir. - much more representative.
White coat syndrome. You've taken the first step by acknowledging your difficulty. Psychologically the next step would be to identify your fears specifically and then confront them rationally careful to remove our tendency to catastrophize. Let your doctors know of your fear so they can help. There is a very nice review here: http://www. Webmd. Com/anxiety-panic/features/beyond-white-coat-syndrome?