How long does it typically take acid reflux to go away?

Dr. Matt Wachsman
In brief: Varies
but in a great number of people it is life long.
Frequently the reflux is associated with a medical (structureal) condition such as hiatal herna or motility issue such as with diabetes. These are not necessarily either temporary nor fixable.

In brief: Varies
Dr. Matt Wachsman
Dr. Matt Wachsman
Dr. Howard Hack
In brief: Depends
Acid reflux tends to be a chronic recurrent problem. Each persons treatment varies on the frequency and severity of their symptoms.
I do warn my patients to know the symptoms may not go away, or if they do that the symptoms may come back.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Howard Hack
Dr. Howard Hack
Dr. Rebecca Gliksman
In brief: Acid reflux
It depends on the cause .
Sometimes it goes away in 2 weeks if simple reflux responsive to antacids/PPI(omeprazole),antibiotics for H pylori or minor diet changes. Sometimes longer if associated with eosinophilic esophagitis, ulcers, Barretts esophagus ,celiac, complex food intolerences,smoking, high caffeine intake, spicy foods, fatty foods,high stress. See a doctor and discuss

In brief: Acid reflux
It depends on the cause .
Dr. Rebecca Gliksman
Dr. Rebecca Gliksman
Dr. Keegan Duchicela