Does anxiety usually precede? Having a sudden cardiac arrest?

Sometimes. Patients who are periarrest - about to arrest - sometimes become anxious / agitated. Sometimes they develop an impending sense of doom. This is all due to worsening perfusion (the delivery of oxygen and nutrients). Their blood pressure might be low, the oxygen in their blood might be low, their blood might turn acidic. The term some people use for this chain of events is 'circling the drain'.
Not if it's... ...Truly sudden. If the arrest is due to a heart attack, then yes, there will be anxiety and probably pain as well.