Does drinking wine increase acid reflux?

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine
All forms of alcohol, whether in wine, beer or distilled spirits, can increase reflux and its symptoms.
The other major risk factors are being overweight and especially smoking cigarettes. Many people find that acidic food or beverages (which wine is) increase their reflux symptoms.

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Howard Hack
Wine, including red wine and other alcoholic beverages are common triggers for acid reflux.
It is usually possible for my pateintws to continue to enjoy wine if had in moderation in conjunction with appropriate treatment for acid reflux.

Dr. Howard Hack
Dr. Howard Hack
Dr. Marsha Davis