What are some of the benefits/risks of complementary and alternative health care?

Pathology

In brief: Be discerning

Complementary stuff like yoga, biofeedback, acupuncture, and most homeopathy is often remarkably helpful but does not pretend to cure; it's labor-intensive and most of us respect these practitioners.
Anyone who suggests laetrile is an "alternative" to effective cancer treatment is asking you to place your life in danger. Just be smart and recognize claims too good to be true aren't true.

In brief: Be discerning

Dr. Thomas Chen

In brief: Complicated

Complementary/alternative medicine (cam) in my mind has less "proof" and more "anecdote" behind it.
However, it's generally less likely to harm you directly than allopathic medicine.

In brief: Complicated

Dr. Thomas Chen
Dr. Thomas Chen
Dr. Adam Levy