My two-year-old has just been diagnosed with diabetes insipidus. What can we do to make the adjustment easier?

DDAVP (desmopressin) & Symptoms. That your child is getting treatment is the best way to become adjusted. Now your toddler will be much better able to sleep through the night and be less cranky as the constant thirst will be quenched! watch for breakthrough so you know when the DDAVP (desmopressin) is wearing off. Your peds endo will discuss with you when to restrict fluids. Does your child have other pituitary hormone deficiency? Cause of di?