My foot fell asleep and wont "wake up". I've been moving it for quite a while and it's still numb. What can I do?

Dr. Ankur Dharia
Podiatry
In brief: See a neurologist
If the numbness last for more than a day or two, i would recommend seeing a neurologist.
You may have a nerve compression injury. They can test the speed of the nerves to see if there is pathology or not. Hope the feeling is back by the time you read this!

In brief: See a neurologist
Dr. Ankur Dharia
Dr. Ankur Dharia
Dr. Randy Lisch
Podiatry
In brief: Vit B12
Try vit b12. Also apply a heating pad behind the knee to open up the circulation to the area in addition to moving the foot and ankle.
There is always the possibility that this may be coming from a lower back/ nerve problem. If this does not go away within a few hours, i would see your back specialist.

In brief: Vit B12
Dr. Randy Lisch
Dr. Randy Lisch