My doctor wants to check for a brain tumor after I told him about a headache. Should I be worried? Is this a normal test?

Dr. Ramin AmirNovin
Neurosurgery
In brief: Don't be worried
I think most doctors would order a brain MRI on a patient with continued headaches despite time.
This is a routine study and i would not worry until the results are back.

In brief: Don't be worried
Dr. Ramin AmirNovin
Dr. Ramin AmirNovin
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology
In brief: Why worry?
Your doctor listened & examined you, but not every h/a needs an mr. The md sometime get mr 'defensively' worrying about law suits, and why we have so many more mr units in the us than they have in canada, and mr costs a bundle.
The mr may be normal, would that comfort you? It will comfort yourdoc? And what about the headache? Have you tried ibuprofen, tylenol (acetaminophen)?

In brief: Why worry?
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
In brief: Prevention!!!
Prevention is the best policy.
Need to know what is going on. Go into the test with a positive attitude that the dr. Is proactive and looking for the source of your issues.

In brief: Prevention!!!
Prevention is the best policy.
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman