Is it possible to become addicted to cosmetic procedures?

Dr. Brian Arslanian
Surgery - Plastics
Yes.
I think there are really two sub types of patients. Some that just are really obsessed with looking better and doing all the latest procedures. For them it's more of a status thing and trying to keep up with the Joneses. The other group are those with body dysmorphic disorder. These patients truly believe there is something wrong with them. We see a straight little nose, they see a beak!

Yes.
Dr. Brian Arslanian
Dr. Brian Arslanian
Dr. Darryl Blinski
Dr Arslanian offers a GREAT response!!!
Dr. Glynis Ablon
Dermatology
In brief: Absolutely
yes

In brief: Absolutely
yes
Dr. Glynis Ablon
Dr. Glynis Ablon
Dr. Ralph Rosato
Surgery - Plastics
It is a rare condition called body dysmorphic syndrome.
Patients with bds usually do not recognize that they have it. The fact that you are asking about it means you are probably ok. However, discuss it with your surgeon.

Dr. Ralph Rosato
Dr. Ralph Rosato