R ovary cyst 4.2x3.8x3.6 CM left 2.5cm had cysts in past. Had partial hyst. At 27 endometriosis pain. Fam. Hist. Ovary can. Now 36 should I have ovaries removed.?

Dr. Gerard Honore
Fertility Medicine

In brief: See a doctor

Talk with a good gynecologist in person, it's unfair to you to answer this online imho.

In brief: See a doctor

Dr. Gerard Honore
Dr. Gerard Honore
Dr. Lillian Schapiro

In brief: Tough question

If you have a simple cyst and are not having pain, then you should just follow this cyst with another ultrasound in 6 weeks.
If it looks like an endometrioma, you might consider just removing that ovary. A robotic cystectomy may only require a two wk recover. I would not recommend putting yourself into menopause at 36 unless you are in alot of pain.

In brief: Tough question

Dr. Lillian Schapiro
Dr. Lillian Schapiro
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham