I had my tooth extracted, but still have pain radiating into side of head. Could the wrong tooth have been extracted?

Dr. David Stall
Dentistry

In brief: Not likely.

Without knowing the circumstances of what you had done, it is hard to comment.
However, tooth removal can result in pain for some time. It is best to return to your dentist and have him evaluate the problem.

In brief: Not likely.

Dr. David Stall
Dr. David Stall
Dr. Robert Mokbel
Dentistry

In brief: Ask your dentist

You did not say how long ago you had the extraction, which tooth and what was the reason for the extraction.
If the tooth was severely broken or had an infection, it is expected to have some pain for a few days, your dentist surely gave you some instructions and may be some medications to take. If in doubt check back with your dentist, he needs to see you again to make sure you are ok.

In brief: Ask your dentist

Dr. Robert Mokbel
Dr. Robert Mokbel
Dr. Vicken Poochikian