I got my wisdom teeth removed two days ago and the stitches ripped out. Should I be worried? Do I need to go back to see my doctor?

Dr. Daniel Quon
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: No

If you lost some sutures two days after surgery and are not experiencing any problems you do not have to see your doctor or be worried.

In brief: No

Dr. Daniel Quon
Dr. Daniel Quon
Dr. Ronald Achong
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: No necessary

No you do not have to.
Your extraction sites probably will heal within normal limits. Return to your doctor if there is any prolonged severe pain or any signs of infection such as draining pus and prolonged swelling.

In brief: No necessary

No you do not have to.
Dr. Ronald Achong
Dr. Ronald Achong

In brief: No

Not necessary to return to the surgeon unless there is an increase in pain, swelling or a fever develops.

In brief: No

Dr. Justin Zumstein
Dr. Justin Zumstein

In brief: Not if feeling ok

Stitches or sutures are placed in the mouth after extractions in to close up the overlapping gum as much as possible so that a clot will form. They also help to stablize the wound and make the healing go a lot faster. If for some reason the sutures come loose, in majority of times you need not have to get them replaced if the wound is healing properly.
If worried, call your dentist.

In brief: Not if feeling ok

If worried, call your dentist.
Dr. Mini Sambhavita Rangrass
Dr. Mini Sambhavita Rangrass
Dr. Cindy Juster