I am constantly feeling very sluggish and tired. What can I do to have more energy?

Ken Starnes
General Practice

In brief: Probably a self-fix

The first thing to do is make sure you are eating a healthy diet, exercising, and getting enough sleep.
If your fatigue persists, your doctor can evaluate you to see if there is a medical cause for your symptoms.

In brief: Probably a self-fix

Ken Starnes
Ken Starnes
Answer assisted by Ken Starnes, Medical Student
2 comments
I would add to the medical student's note that subclinical iron deficiency, even in the absence of anemia, is an extremely common cause of what you describe, and is difficult to diagnose. A difficult life situation can do the same but we need to look for a physical problem first. Good luck.
Dr. Nicole Bullock
I agree with the first answers ... I would also recommend that you have your Vit B12 and Vit D levels checked. You could also talk to your Dr. about having your thyroid levels checked if there are other symptoms. Vitamin D deficiency is also extremely common and often presents with low energy, sluggish even depression-like symptoms.