2 doctors weighed in:
I am an asthmatic that has previously had carbon monoxide poisoning. Now am having smiliar symptoms in a house with heat pump. Are they related?
2 doctors weighed in

Dr. Michael P Vaughn
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
1 doctor agrees
In brief: Carbon monoxide
Co poisoning typically is the result of combustion of a carbon source.
Heat pumps due no run by combustion. However, having a co alarm in your home is a good idea and it may alert you to a fire before the smoke detector does.

In brief: Carbon monoxide
Co poisoning typically is the result of combustion of a carbon source.
Heat pumps due no run by combustion. However, having a co alarm in your home is a good idea and it may alert you to a fire before the smoke detector does.
Dr. Michael P Vaughn
Dr. Michael P Vaughn
Thank
Get help from a real doctor now
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology
23 years in practice
1M people helped
Continue
108,000 doctors available
Read more answers from doctors