Does getting an ear piercing with a needle reduce the risk for keloids when compared to a gun?

Comparable. The risk of forming a keloid has more to do with your propensity to form a keloid than the type of needle used. Both techniques use needles and traumatize the skin in similar manners so the risk should be about the same.
Probably equal risk. If a patient has a keloid tendancy, it probably doesn't matter which method of piercing is used, the risk should be the same.
No. There is no way predicting which method of ear piercing will give you keloid.We know that keloids are more common in dark skin people.