As I get older and older, my nose gets more and more crooked. What are some of the possible causes? Can I get it fixed?

Dr. J David Holcomb
Facial Plastic Surgery
In brief: Various. Likely.
The nose changes more with age in some than in others.
The nasal tip and adjacent skin often thickens and the cartilage support structures of the nose become less effective - this may affect both appearance and function.. Nasal tip may drop and sidewalls may collapse inward. A previously little noticed mild bend of septum may become very obvious. Structural repair/rhinoplasty is commonly performed.

In brief: Various. Likely.
Dr. J David Holcomb
Dr. J David Holcomb
Dr. David Sherris
Facial Plastic Surgery
In brief: Weak cartilage
The cartilage of the nose weakens and the skin thins as we age.
This can lead to airway obstruction and cosmetic abnormalities. Rhinoplasty is an excellent option in these case. Many of my rhinoplasty patients are in their 40-50s.

In brief: Weak cartilage
Dr. David Sherris
Dr. David Sherris
Dr. Peter Kurzweil