Why are doctors so against prescribing opioid pain meds?

Dr. David Teicheira
Pain Management
In brief: I'm concerned
I have read quite a few of your posts and i don't think you understand the limits of opioids.
That's natural, we call them painkillers. I know 5 truths about opioids. 1, they take the edge off 2, they're better than nothing 3, sometimes they work ok 4, sometimes you wonder why you bother taking them 5 if you want to know how well they work, stop them for a few days. My patients taught me this.

In brief: I'm concerned
Dr. David Teicheira
Dr. David Teicheira
Dr. SG Erman
In brief: Complicated
Addiction potential, overuse potential, sidwe effect profile, mis-use potential.
Illicit use potential. Illegal sale potential. Federally regulated and controlled. They do have their role, but must be monitored for all of the above.

In brief: Complicated
Dr. SG Erman
Dr. SG Erman
Dr. Vikram Patel