I've gone thru 2 rounds of Lamisil (terbinafine) orally 250mg to cure fingernail fungus in 3 of my fingernails. It got better. Now it came back worse. What to do?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: Define rounds

Some doctors prescribe Lamisil (terbinafine) for 90 days straight, others pulse dose the medicine i.
E you take it one day for a week and then stop for 3 months and repeat 2 more times. When you say rounds was that 2 full treatments or 2/3rds of a treament? That would make a difference. Keep in mind it doesn;t always work and fungus can be recalcitrant and come back.

In brief: Define rounds

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass

In brief: Laser or Lamisil (terbinafine)

There is a 20% reocurrance rate with lamisil (terbinafine).
You can take it again for 3 months or you could try laser treatment for nail fungus.

Dr. Lorry Melnick
Dr. Lorry Melnick