47 yr old male non smoker w/ masses in both lungs from 4 - 6 mm found on ct. Mass on back of calf 6-7 CM leg 1/2 size of other calf. Lung cancer famil?

Dr. M. Jay Petruska

In brief: Lung Mass

The masses need to evaluated further by a pulmonologist.
You may need a bronchoscopy and a biopsy to determine the nature of the masses.

In brief: Lung Mass

Pathology

In brief: Biopsy calf mass

It would be classic for a sarcoma arising on the back of the calf, a common site, to present as multiple metastatic nodules in the lungs.
You do need to know what the calf mass is; perhaps it is benign and the tiny masses in the lung are something innocuous -- here in kansas city, many (?Most) folks have a several old histoplasmosis granulomas. I'll be thinking of you in the days ahead.

In brief: Biopsy calf mass

Dr. Steven Seres