What kind of pain medications should be taken for a peptic ulcer?

Really none. Pain medications such as Ibuprofen or Aspirin (nsaids) should be avoided with peptic ulcers. The best treatment for ulcer pain is acid suppresion witih a ppi (prilosec, prevacid, nexium, dexilant, protonix, etc). Sometimes Carafate may also help a little. The pain shouldn't last long. An analgesic such as tylenol (acetaminophen) or a narcotic may help with pain too.
See your DR. Specific diagnosis & treatment will help. Pain med. Is seldom needed.