I'm a newly wedded wife but with genital herpes and my husband is clean we haven't had sex. We want to make a baby but don't know what to do since herpes can transmit?

In brief: Go ahead

If a mother delivers vaginally during her first genital outbreak, there is ~30% risk the baby could get it and have a terrible illness.
If a recurrent outbreak, this drops to ~4% but suppression of outbreaks (meds) or c-section delivery before the membranes are open 4 hours can cancel the risk. Rarely, some women shed herpes without an outbreak and could pass it , baby sick around 2 wks.

In brief: Go ahead

Dr. Miriam Sivkin

In brief: Must tell spouse

First thing that you must do is share your history with your spouse.
He can be tested to identify if he has it as well. If you are attempting pregnancy then he will be exposed.

In brief: Must tell spouse

Dr. Miriam Sivkin
Dr. Miriam Sivkin
Dr. Adam Levy