Two of my brothers and my uncle on my moms side has Crohn's what are the chances I will get this and is it preventable ?

Dr. Sidney Vinson
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Still relatively low

Though crohn's disease has a genetic component and familial predisposition, the odds are still low you will get crohn's disease.
Having a first degree family member with crohn's raises your lifetime risk to around 10%. Having 2 parents with crohn's may raise your risk to as high as 33%. There is nothing you can do to prevent cronhn's disease other than not smoke.

In brief: Still relatively low

Dr. Sidney Vinson
Dr. Sidney Vinson
Dr. Abby Caplin
You can make sure to learn techniques to handle stress and use them.
Dr. Steven Seres