Periodically, right side of my temple throbs near my eye . Mri came back normal. Is there anything else I should do or consider? 72 yrs/female

Dr. Stephen Camacho
In brief: Temple pain
Sometimes blood work can show signs of inflammation.
Eye strain may cause discomfort there. Other considerations include temporal arteritis, an inflammation of the artery in that area, tmj, or pain of the mass enter muscle that moves the jaw.

In brief: Temple pain
Dr. Stephen Camacho
Dr. Stephen Camacho
Dr. Reid Blackwelder
In brief: Temporal arteritis
Most concerning thing someone in 70s gets that causes throbbing, and i would assume pain in that area is temporal or giant cell arteritis.
This is an inflammation of the blood vessels in that area (vasculitis). This can be very serious as it can cause strokes and blindness. A blood test called an ESR helps to decide if that is more or less likely.May need mra/angio.Other less serious causes too.

In brief: Temporal arteritis
Dr. Reid Blackwelder
Dr. Reid Blackwelder
Dr. Adam Levy