I had asd closed when I was 35 years old, would that mean my kids may have asd too? Would I pass it to my litlle girl or my little boy?

Dr. Jonathan Jassey

In brief: Not necessarily

Shouldn't be passed down to future children.

In brief: Not necessarily

Dr. Jonathan Jassey
Dr. Jonathan Jassey
Dr. Sarosh Batlivala
Pediatrics - Cardiology

In brief: Possibly

People who are born with heart disease have a slightly higher risk of having children with any form of heart disease.
The risk is minimally increased but it is still higher. No additional tests are automatically necessary for your children. A thorough history and physical exam--which all children should receive--may be all that is needed to screen for heart disease in the children.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Sarosh Batlivala
Dr. Sarosh Batlivala
Dr. Randolph Thomas

In brief: Very Unlikely

The incidence of ASD 's in a texas study was around 4 out of 1000 births.
Other studies have estimated a 2 to 3 times risk of a person having an ASD having offspring with an asd. This translates to roughly a 1% chance of a person having an ASD of having a child with an asd. Best to discuss your concerns with a cardiologist or geneticist who should be more knowledgeable about your condition.

In brief: Very Unlikely

Dr. Randolph Thomas
Dr. Randolph Thomas
Dr. Jonathan Jassey