I am recently came from india , I am having constipation problem even I am taking enough fruits and almonds . Also I am feeling heavy stomach and little bit gas. If I took some tablet blow would be normal for that only. I am drinking enough water and onl

Dr. Laura Arbogast
In brief: Fiber
When you change diets from one country to another, it's normal to experience some change in bowel habits initially.
For constipation you can continue with your fruit and nuts and drinking 64 oz of water daily. You might also try adding a fiber supplement like benefiber or metamucil. If you go more than 3 days without a bowel movement or they're hard and pebbly still you should see a doctor.

In brief: Fiber
Dr. Laura Arbogast
Dr. Laura Arbogast
Dr. Peter Kurzweil