How can I tell if my 7mo old child has hand foot mouth disease; there have been 3 cases in his class?

Oral ulcers, skin ras. He may get ulcerative lesions in the mouth that are painful and small vesicular lesions one the fingers, plams, toes and soles of the feet. There is usally a 3-6 day incubation period from exposure till lesions appear.
Very infectious. Tender vesicles in mouth, tongue, back of hand, some have rash on feet. This is a viral condition.
Ulcers. Caused by a virus, ulcers in the mouth are a good clue. Occasionally blisters on the hands and feet, but not always. Other sx may include fever, diarrhea, sore throat, and congestion. A good physical exam by the pediatrician can make this diagnosis. Remember that antibiotics do not cure this infection.