My knee caps move around and grind when I walk. Also when I walk my knee caps seem to turn in. What is this?

Dr. Vance Harris

In brief: Patellofemoral syndr

Patellofemoral syndrome is when the patella doesn't quite line ip on the bone and tends to pop over to the side or can give a sensation of grinding.
There are some very good exercises that your dr. Can show you that usually will bring the patella back into alignment. I would see my doctor and see if physical therapy or home exercises might not help. Your doctor can recommend some.

In brief: Patellofemoral syndr

Dr. Vance Harris
Dr. Vance Harris
Dr. Daniel Maddox
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Orthopedic Help

Someone your age may have these symptoms because of prior tendon injury in sports, or because of more joint laxity than normal, or because of a heritable defect in cartilage or malformation of the femur. Quadriceps and hamstring strengthening, using eccentric resistance exercise, can be a huge help.
See an orthopedics specialist who works with a Physical therapy team.

In brief: Orthopedic Help

Dr. Daniel Maddox
Dr. Daniel Maddox
Dr. Vicken Poochikian