Drs have done 4 endoscopies, I don't have hiatal hernia, if I don't take Nexium (esomeprazole) daily I feel horrible, I diet, what's wrong? Are there any surgerys to fix acid reflux?

Dr. Ly Phan
Surgery

In brief: Most definitely

Your condition if confirm as acid reflux can be treated with anti reflux procedure (nissen fundoplication) or less invasive and less effective procedure esophyx.
Talk to your doctor.

In brief: Most definitely

Talk to your doctor.
Dr. Ly Phan
Dr. Ly Phan
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis

In brief: Preventing reflux

Part of preventing reflux is maintaining weight, elevating head of bed, not lying down for at least 1 hr after eating, avoiding trigger foods like fried/fatty/greasy foods, spicy foods, onions, caffeine, soft drinks, acidic foods (tomato/lemon/lime).
Have doc test for helicobacter pylori, which is associated with ulcers, possibly reflux. Treat if positive. A different ppi may work better for you.

In brief: Preventing reflux

Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis

There are several techniques, and laparoscopic approaches (minimally invasive surgery) are available.
The laparoscopic nissen fundoplication wraps a portion of your upper stomach around the end of the esophagus, effectively creating a high pressure area that restores the functions you are missing of preventing reflux of stomach acid to the esophagus. It is very effective.

Dr. Armando De la Cabada
Dr. Armando De la Cabada
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery