Why is the tip of my middle finger numb? Also, I wake up every morning with both hands tingling... I recently started prep cooking in a restaurant.

Dr. Phil Chen
In brief: Need to see a doctor
This could be either neck problem or possible carpal tunnel syndrome.
You need to see a doctor to get a completely neurological examination. Did you ever had neck injury during sports or motor vehicle accident in the past? If you did, it is possible the numbness related to the neck injury. If you did not it is possible carpal tunnel. I still recommend you to see a doctor to rule out other causes.

In brief: Need to see a doctor
Dr. Phil Chen
Dr. Phil Chen
Dr. Robert Coats II
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: May b carpal tunnel
Numbness and tingling in the hand is often caused by carpal tunnel syndrome (cts).
The long finger is often the first affected and a change in activities or vocation, can bring about symptoms. Try anti-inflammatory medications and night splints first. If symptoms persist, see a board certified orthopaedic hand surgeon for oral/injectable steroids and/or therapy. Surgery may be required.

In brief: May b carpal tunnel
Dr. Robert Coats II
Dr. Robert Coats II
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
In brief: Carpal tunnel?
May be symptoms of early carpal tunnel syndrome [cts] from repetitive hand/wrist motions with knives, etc.
Wrist is u-shaped tunnel, closed over by flexor retinaculum (see image) thru which nerves & tendons pass. Overuse causes swelling —> compression of median nerve —> numbness/tingling . Nsaids (aleve/etc) & wrist brace/splints can help. If not improved, see fp/orthopedics/hand specialist.

In brief: Carpal tunnel?
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Eric Weisman