Will my foot heal if I remove cast?

Dr. Brandon Macy
Podiatry

In brief: I assume

You're dealing with a broken bone.
Broken bones need to be placed in a normal position and held there/immobilized to prevent motion at the fracture site. This makes for less pain and optimal healing. That's the purpose of a cast. Remove the cast and you risk delays in healing and, worse, reinjury, which would reset the clock to the beginning of the process. Don't do it.

In brief: I assume

You're dealing with a broken bone.
Dr. Brandon Macy
Dr. Brandon Macy

In brief: Maybe

The cast was put on for a reason to immobilize the bones.
An x-ray should be taken to examine the area to make sure healing has taken place before the cast is removed. If removed to soon healing will not occur, at least not in a proper fashion.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Steven Seres