How do I know if my baby is a "happy spitter?"

In brief: Are they Happy?
The happy spitter designation is often used for babies who seem undeterred by the spit up and would likely eat again immediately if offered.
Also labled "wet burps" this often happens when an air bubble pushes milk up and out as it comes up. The sad spitter is often used for the child that feels bad & really has an illness...They don't want to eat.

In brief: Are they Happy?
Dr. Scott Katz
In brief: Are they Happy?
Most babies spit up, some more than others, and some with every feed.
If your child is growing well, and is not fussy when spitting up, treatment is not required. If they are fussy, it could be a sign of acid reflux and/or a food allergy and they should be examined.

In brief: Are they Happy?
Dr. Scott Katz
Dr. Scott Katz
Dr. Cindy Juster