What is the average recovery time for patella subluxation treatment?

Dr. Vishal Shah
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Depends on Treatment
Recovery varies widely based on the severity of the injury, associated injuries, and type of treatment.
Non-operative treatment for an initial subluxation may only require 2-6 weeks. Operative treatment for more unstable or recurrent subluxations or those with associated injuries my require 4-6 months for recovery.

In brief: Depends on Treatment
Dr. Vishal Shah
Dr. Vishal Shah
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry
In brief: Varies
Recover time will vary depending on many factors including age, general health of the patient, infection control, blood sugar control, the exact type of procedure, and post-operative and follow up care.
Discuss it with your surgeon and get their opinion as to what they feel is a reasonable recovery time for you.

In brief: Varies
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine