What happens in an arthroscopic shoulder surgery for anesthesia?

Regional or general. Shoulder surgery is most commonly done under general anesthesia. Patients are often given a nerve block that helps with pain control for several hours after surgery. In some instances shoulder surgery can be done using a nerve block with sedation.
Combo. A combination of general anesthesia combined with a regional nerve block. This is the current standard of care. The nerve block reduces pain during surgery and after. Nerve blocks have reduced the amount of general anesthesia needed, making shoulder surgery mostly an outpatient experience.
See below. This operation is usually done with a combination of regional anesthesia and general anesthesia. Once you arrive an IV will be started and your sedation will commence. From this moment on you might not remember much. First a regional block is placed in your shoulder to provide intra-op and post op pain relief. Then you will be put under general anesthesia for the operation.