Severe back issues too young. Should I consider decompression vs. Lumbar fusion?

Need evaluation. It depends on the cause of pain. There are appropriate indications for either procedure. While age is a factor, it is more important to have the right procedure performed for your condition. Performing a decompression whe. You need a fusion would not help, and may in fact make your symptoms worse. A thorough evaluation by a spine specialist would help you make the right choice for treatment.
Decompress or fuse. The most important reasons for someone to be considered for a lumbar fusion involve the presence of instability or the potential for instability if a decompression is performed. With newer minimally invasive techniques, there are less reasons for any individual patient to require a fusion.