Is it possible to tear the ACL during a patellar dislocation?

Yes. Generally patellar dislocations are not commonly associated with acl tears. However, severe injuries can injure a several structures within the knee. Your orthopedist can easily diagnose an acl tear with an exam and or mri.
Yes. During a contact driven acl tear, the knee is in a position that makes it easy for the patella to come out to the side. Typically an mcl tear and medial patellofemoral ligament tear will also occur. A non contact acl tear is not likely to result in a patella dislocation, however.