Is it possible to go back to work the same day after arthroscopic knee surgery?

Possible, but..... Is it possible that one is an investment banker and drive from li to nyc directly from the surgical suite after taking oxycodone, weave in and out of cars (no traffic at 2pm), avoid getting pulled over by cops, almost causing an accident/ /multiple injuries/fatalities on the way, in order to get to that meeting because one feels that it's crucial to be at the meeting to close a $1b deal? Sure.
Knee surgery. Anything is possible. However, it's better not to stress the knee and to allow some healing instead of aggravating the knee by returning to work -so no you should not return to work until instructed by your surgeon.