What is non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (or nafld)?

See below. This is a disease where fat is abnormally deposited in the liver. It can lead to inflammation and ultimately cirrhosis. It is the most common liver disease in the US and is related to obesity, diabetes, elevated triglycerides and genetics.
Unhealthy liver. This is a condition commo or associated with obesity but may be caused by other conditions where excess fat accumulates in the liver and may impair liver function. Many liver diseases are commonly associated with alcoholic intake and this distinguishes it form that cause.