I tore my acl, MCL and lcl and the orthopedist said my leg is still too stiff to do surgery so when?

3 weeks after injury. In general, we have found that surgery on an acl makes a knee much stiffer when done immediately after injury. The mechanism is not certain, but most of our studies support this notion. The lcl, however, needs to be repairs within 3 weeks of injury, or we must resort to a reconstruction. Because of this, a combined acl and lcl injury is either performed at one time at 3 weeks or is staged.