I have an ankle cast and the itch is unbearable. How can I relieve itching?

In brief: Several ways

If no allergies you may want to try benadryl (diphenhydramine).
Simetimes scratching the opposite leg at the same spot that itches will relieve it. Do not put anything down the cast to try to itch it.

In brief: Several ways

Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Mathew John
Podiatry

In brief: Dusting spray

One way to help with the itching is to use a spray duster. The long thin tube can fit between your skin and the cast and by spraying forced air it can relieve some of the itching.
Don't use a coat hanger! trying to scratch with sharp instruments can lead to wounds and infection.

In brief: Dusting spray

Dr. Mathew John
Dr. Mathew John