I am scheduled to have a tkr (total knee replacement).Is there anybody who has experience with the uni-spacer ?

Dr. Bertrand Kaper
Orthopedic Surgery - Reconstruction

In brief: Avoid the Unispacer

The unispacer device has been available for many years.
It sounds like an attractive option for some patients with arthritis. Long term research, however, has shown poor results with this surgical implant. Would recommend a discussion of the better choice of a partial or total knee replacement with your surgeon. Might want to consider a second opinion as well.

In brief: Avoid the Unispacer

Dr. Bertrand Kaper
Dr. Bertrand Kaper
Dr. Frederick Buechel, jr. md
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Not good option

You should consider partial knee replacement at your age if you choose someone who is very good at this procedure.
Total knee is the standard of care for most surgeons. If you have one sided knee arthritis i would seriously consider a makoplasty robotic arm assisted partial knee. It is the most consistently reproducible way to perform a partial knee replacement. Avoid the uni-spacer.

In brief: Not good option

Dr. Frederick Buechel, jr. md
Dr. Frederick Buechel, jr. md
Dr. Robert Cusick
Orthopedic Surgery - Reconstruction

In brief: Only removing them

The unispacer has been found to be not very reliable with regards to pain relief or durability.
I have revised several to knee replacements, and would advise that you go forward with your scheduled tkr.

In brief: Only removing them

Dr. Robert Cusick
Dr. Robert Cusick
Dr. Steven Seres